1st – The Base Chakra, or Root Chakra
- is located at the base of the spine and controls the energy for kinesthetic feeling and movement. It is the foundation of physical energy and spiritual energy for the body.
- When it is physically out of balance the symptoms will manifest themselves as lethargy, low levels of activity, low enthusiasm, and a need for constant stimulation. You may experience lower back pain, or suffer with leg pain or immune system disorders.
- When its spiritual energies are out of balance, you will feel flighty, disconnected from reality, and distant. You may begin to doubt your beliefs, stop being loyal to long-term associates and organizations, or find yourself deriving little joy from physical pleasures.
- Crystals with the red, brown, or black color rays are helpful in restoring balance to the Base Chakra. The benefits of just a few minutes a day with one of these crystals resting between the legs for 5 – 10 minutes are substantial.
2nd – The Sacral Chakra, or Second Chakra
- is located below the naval and above the pubic bone at the front of the pelvis. It controls the flow of energy and is the center of gravity of the body. It is the center of the Life Force of the body. It is the reservoir of the life force and all life flows out from the sacral chakra. It controls the flow of information from the body to the mind and from the mind to the body. Gut feelings, intuition, and other “non-linear” communication comes from this chakra.
- When it is out of balance the symptoms will manifest themselves as confusion, over dependency on others, repression of feelings, inability to feel joy, fear of sensuality or sex, and frustration and bitterness.
- When it is in balance you have grace, feel pleasure in life, enjoy yourself, play, and find you are flexible in both body and mind.
- You can “go with the flow” of your life and times, and do so in good spirits.
- Treat imbalance with orange or gold crystals to unblock the energy flow and restore your sense of balance and understanding and appreciation of your place in life.
3rd – The Solar Plexus Chakra
- is the energy distribution center and the chakra of relationships. This chakra is located between the rib cage and navel, and controls the immune and digestive systems. When in balance, you have strength to fight infections, are free of allergic reactions, and are able to use the nutrients you ingest. When it is out of balance physically you will have low tolerance to infection, suffer from hormone disorders, or have low tolerance for many foods.
- Spiritually, when the solar plexus is in balance you are free to interpret the world through your own thoughts and emotions and not live in fear of violating the dictums of others.
- When the solar plexus is out of balance spiritually you will feel fear: fear of the displeasure of others, and disappointing others, or fear of subordinating your life and pleasures to the will of others.
- Yellow crystals are helpful in restoring balance to the Solar Plexus Chakra. The benefits of just a few minutes a day with one of these crystals resting on the chakra location are substantial. Do this in bright sunlight if possible.
4th – The heart chakra
- is located near the center of the breastbone. It regulates our interaction with the external world. It controls what we embrace and what we resist. It gives us the balancing ability to keep neither too aloof nor too involved in the world around us. It balances our inner being – our “self” with our environment.
- When it is in balance we are relaxed accepting, and interact easily with others and with the demands of the world. We also know when our needs are being compromised and we easily find a balance between external and internal needs. We can deal with the ebbs and flows of emotional relationships, understand their cyclic nature, and accept the changes.
- When the heart chakra is in balance we can understand our own needs and emotions clearly. We are able to sustain balanced relationships as a result: healthy, happy, and mutually nurturing.
- When the heart chakra is out of balance you may find your are tense in your upper torso. You will find yourself sitting with folded arms a lot. You will not enjoy handshakes or hugs from others. When your heart chakra is out of balance you may feel either controlling or controlled in a relationship. You may become critical of the little foibles of others. You may well find yourself having inappropriately strong emotional responses to everyday external stimuli.
- Green crystal energy is used to resolve blockages and to re balance the heart chakra. Such therapy should be accompanied with scent and sound therapy. Meditation holding a dark green crystal over the heart chakra will prove very beneficial. Activities between crystal work should include focused efforts to allow loved ones to truly “be themselves” and focus on true understanding of the needs of others.
5th – The throat chakra
- is the voice of the body. It is a pressure valve that allows the energy from the other chakra to be expressed. If it is out of balance or blocked it can affect the health of the other chakras.
- When it is in balance we can express what we think and what we feel. We can communicate our ideas, beliefs, and emotions. When the throat chakra is in balance and open, we can bring our personal truth out into the world.
- When the throat chakra is in balance we have a easy flow of energy within the body and spirit. The energy that springs upward from the sacral chakra through the solar plexus can continue its path enabling free expression of the values and needs expressed within the energy.
- When the throat chakra is out of balance the physical symptoms may include sore throats, tight jaws, stiff neck, and headaches. When it is out of balance spiritually you might find yourself habitually lying, feeling fear and doubt about the intentions of others, or find yourself stammering or at a loss for words. You will likely have feelings of being isolated and misunderstood. You may well have symptoms of other chakras being out of balance. This is caused by the throat chakra blocking the energy flow from the other centers.
- Blue crystal energy will unblock and balance the throat chakra. The dark shades of blue have the power of truth. Lighter shades have the power of flexibility relaxation and balance.
- Yellow crystals should be used to augment the blue crystal for throat chakra balancing. The yellow crystals bring the power of communication and free expression drawing the energy from the solar plexus.
- Sound therapy is most important in unblocking the throat chakra. Any crystal healing of the throat should be accompanied by soothing, melodic music for maximum effectiveness.
6th – The Brow Chakra
- also called the third eye is the center of perception and command. It directs our sight and everyday awareness of the world. Our consciousness is located here. “We” are here. We relate to ourselves through this chakra.
- We see ourselves and the external world, interpret what we see and are aware of ourselves and the world through the brow chakra. The brow chakra interprets the world – our inner world, and the world that comes into the body, primarily through sight. It is the code breaker, the pattern maker, and the seat of understanding. It balances the important and the unimportant, sorting meaning from data and impressions. It commands the energy flow within the body.
- When the brow chakra is in balance we see clearly and understand what we see. We are able to interpret visual cues and our perception is high. Our thoughts and internal communications with ourselves are healthy and vibrant. We have perspective on events and ideas. We are open to new ideas, dreams, and visions. We can be quietly observant, and reflective. We can control the flow of energy within all the chakras.
- When the brow chakra is out of balance, the whole organism suffers. Without perspective, nothing makes sense. You will be confused, have difficulty seeing things clearly, and knowing what is important and what is not. You will not have command of your body or your thoughts. You will suffer headaches, ear aches and have vision problems. You will be unable to work through problems or puzzles. Things just won’t make sense. You will be disoriented and confused.
- The dark blue/purple crystals of indigo are used to treat imbalances of the brow chakra. This is the color of an empty sky, of solitude and reflection. It is a quiet color, one of mystery and wisdom and judgment.
- Meditation is a very important part of balancing the brow chakra. In fact regular meditation is essential for maintain its health. Indigo crystals should be held during any meditation aimed at assuring the free flow of energy within the brow chakra. Quiet reflection with a small indigo crystal placed on the forehead will help focus the wisdom of the indigo ray on the brow chakra releasing any blockages.
7th – The crown chakra
- is our gateway to the expanded universe beyond our bodies. It controls how we think, and how we respond to the world around us. It is the fountainhead of our beliefs. It is the source of our spirituality. It connects us to the higher planes of existence. It extends our energy beyond our body. It is the source of higher sources of information and universal energy and truth.
- It is the source of our coordination – the relationship of movement between the parts of our bodies and the relationship of our movement through life.
- When it in balance we are in balance. We are coordinated. We fit together. Our energies are in balance. We know our place in the universe. We are flexible, and we understand the ebb and flow of life. We see things as they are, and are unruffled by setbacks, knowing they are an essential part of life. We do not cling to outdated ideas or attitudes, but rather keep ourselves within the flow of life.
- When the crown chakra is out of balance or its energy is blocked, you will feel clumsy, uncoordinated, and at sorts with life. You will stumble in both movement and thought. You will be uninspired and out of step. The world will seem to be spinning, and you will be unsure of who you are or why you even exist. You will be rigid in your thinking, and be spiritually adrift. Your consciousness will be limited, and possibilities will not appear to you. You will have difficulty understanding relationships, ideas, and dreams.
- Imbalances of the crown chakra are treated with Violet crystals. Their violet rays have the universal life force of magic, dreams, inspiration, and destiny. A variety of therapies are necessary for treating crown chakra balance problems. In addition to violet crystal healing, spend time dreaming. Try connecting to the spirit world you know exists.